Welcome to West Horndon Primary School
This school continues to be GOOD.
The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.
- You are an inspiring leader who sets high expectations for staff, and the senior leadership team leads by example.
- Your approach to curriculum development is innovative. You and other staff are always seeking to explore and introduce new ways of stimulating and inspiring pupils to learn eagerly.
- Staff are right behind you in striving for the best possible outcomes for pupils’ academic achievement and in their personal development.
- High-quality provision for pupils with speech, language and communication difficulties in the school’s enhanced provision is one of many examples.
- All leaders demonstrated extensive in-depth knowledge of pupils’ needs, abilities, interests and circumstances.
- Leaders have created a culture of shared responsibility for everyone to safeguard pupils.
- Every space in the building is capitalised upon to capture pupils’ interest and their inquisitiveness.
Parents... appreciate the strong community and family feel that the school provides.
Below you can find some of our most frequently requested information:
Good effort! How many's that?
@ShonetteBason @westhorndonprim no 48 rolling down a hill creating our own ShaBang 😀😀
We have launched a new, free teaching resource. It's a fun way to set writing prompts. Check it out!… https://t.co/nSandzY1b2
Mrs Bolton will be impressed!
Proud of my boys lifting their first crop of homegrown veggies! @westhorndonprim x
It’s always good to consider the impact of posting photos & videos of your kids online before you hit ‘share’ https://t.co/RiOrKzHggs
We'd love to see a sneak pic of your photos #bestofbritish
Cameras at the ready! Are you taking part in our photography competition? @westhorndonprim @friendsofwhs1
16th July, 2015
27th May, 2015
4th October, 2014
17th September, 2014
8th September, 2014