Welcome to West Horndon Primary School
This school continues to be GOOD.
The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.
- You are an inspiring leader who sets high expectations for staff, and the senior leadership team leads by example.
- Your approach to curriculum development is innovative. You and other staff are always seeking to explore and introduce new ways of stimulating and inspiring pupils to learn eagerly.
- Staff are right behind you in striving for the best possible outcomes for pupils’ academic achievement and in their personal development.
- High-quality provision for pupils with speech, language and communication difficulties in the school’s enhanced provision is one of many examples.
- All leaders demonstrated extensive in-depth knowledge of pupils’ needs, abilities, interests and circumstances.
- Leaders have created a culture of shared responsibility for everyone to safeguard pupils.
- Every space in the building is capitalised upon to capture pupils’ interest and their inquisitiveness.
Parents... appreciate the strong community and family feel that the school provides.
Below you can find some of our most frequently requested information:
Fantastic to meet our new parents this morning. We look forward to welcoming their families to our school community.
We’re delighted to welcome over 80 guests for Men in School Day 2018! It’s a new record and great to see so many da… https://t.co/Ae8jkvwsMm
We’re proud and excited to have been part of its creation and can’t wait to receive our copy.
Massive thanks to @friendsofwhs1 for organising FUNTASTIC FRIDAY and alll those who gave their time and energy to supporting it.
This morning year 6 are considering the features they would like to see in a garden village. @Brentwood_BC
We’ve had that too! And they get it right!
16th July, 2015
27th May, 2015