Welcome to West Horndon Primary School
This school continues to be GOOD.
The leadership team has maintained the good quality of education in the school since the last inspection.
- You are an inspiring leader who sets high expectations for staff, and the senior leadership team leads by example.
- Your approach to curriculum development is innovative. You and other staff are always seeking to explore and introduce new ways of stimulating and inspiring pupils to learn eagerly.
- Staff are right behind you in striving for the best possible outcomes for pupils’ academic achievement and in their personal development.
- High-quality provision for pupils with speech, language and communication difficulties in the school’s enhanced provision is one of many examples.
- All leaders demonstrated extensive in-depth knowledge of pupils’ needs, abilities, interests and circumstances.
- Leaders have created a culture of shared responsibility for everyone to safeguard pupils.
- Every space in the building is capitalised upon to capture pupils’ interest and their inquisitiveness.
Parents... appreciate the strong community and family feel that the school provides.
Below you can find some of our most frequently requested information:
For your babies and pre-schoolers,surround them with books and print, read to them every day, let them play with bo… https://t.co/zj1CfYi5bv
Anyone else fed up with people asking how many pupils are making ‘better than expected’ progress? There is no ‘expe… https://t.co/E0qOrdLoIm
@westhorndonprim William also said he loved it! In fact his words were “one of the best days of my life. BEST SCHOOL EVER!!!”
16th July, 2015
27th May, 2015
4th October, 2014
17th September, 2014
8th September, 2014