Welcome to West Horndon Primary School
This is a GOOD school. OFSTED 2013
- Pupils’ progress is good from the Reception class to Year 6 because their basic skills are developed well.
- Good teaching in all age groups makes sure that pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- Nearly all parents would recommend the school. One summed up their thoughts by saying, ‘The passion that spills from the teachers into children is priceless and obvious for all to see.’
- Older pupils work very successfully with younger pupils through a wide variety of practical projects
- Pupils are extremely polite and behave very well because care and support from staff are excellent.
- Pupils feel safe in school and know how to keep themselves safe when they are using equipment.
- The good leadership of the headteacher means that all staff are working energetically to improve the school, and have made it an exciting place for pupils to learn in the classroom and outside areas such as the school’s woodland.
- Leaders, governors and staff have worked carefully to improve the quality of teaching, and check on pupils’ progress regularly.
As part of our Radio Professional in Residence Broadcast programme
you can listen again to all of our live broadcasts below
Our next live broadcast is Monday 6th of February 2017
and you can listen live below from 2.30pm
This contains reference to insecure data and cannot be displayed.
Below you can find some of our most frequently requested information:
- School term and holiday dates 2016-2017.pdf
- Homework Expectations.pdf
- Winter menus Oct 2016. New Version Jan 2017.pdf
We are now discussing the key components of the Brentwood Collaborative Partnership
What does good governance look like? Some deep thinking going on in the room!
Tonight we are delighted to be hosting training for more than 40 governors from across the Brentwood Collaborative… https://t.co/OHVbwipxcO
Today we are proud to be launching our character education programme with @CommandoJoes
And the outdoor classroom @westhorndonprim is a double-decker bus!
Today yr 5 are exploring variation. They are using keys and reference materials to help with identification and the… https://t.co/aP9dgtnT9q
16th July, 2015
27th May, 2015
4th October, 2014
17th September, 2014
8th September, 2014