Welcome to West Horndon Primary School
This is a GOOD school. OFSTED 2013
- Pupils’ progress is good from the Reception class to Year 6 because their basic skills are developed well.
- Good teaching in all age groups makes sure that pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- Nearly all parents would recommend the school. One summed up their thoughts by saying, ‘The passion that spills from the teachers into children is priceless and obvious for all to see.’
- Older pupils work very successfully with younger pupils through a wide variety of practical projects
- Pupils are extremely polite and behave very well because care and support from staff are excellent.
- Pupils feel safe in school and know how to keep themselves safe when they are using equipment.
- The good leadership of the headteacher means that all staff are working energetically to improve the school, and have made it an exciting place for pupils to learn in the classroom and outside areas such as the school’s woodland.
- Leaders, governors and staff have worked carefully to improve the quality of teaching, and check on pupils’ progress regularly.
Below you can find some of our most frequently requested information:
Today I am meeting with our new pupil Parliament to decide how to organise our new playground equipment.
Thank you @westhorndonprim teachers and staff!
It was a pleasure to welcome so many parents to our information evening tonight. #partnership
We're looking forward to tonight's parents information meeting. In the meantime we've set up what looks like a call… https://t.co/tFq8ircW5Y
16th July, 2015
27th May, 2015
4th October, 2014
17th September, 2014
8th September, 2014