Welcome to West Horndon Primary School
This is a GOOD school. OFSTED 2013
- Pupils’ progress is good from the Reception class to Year 6 because their basic skills are developed well.
- Good teaching in all age groups makes sure that pupils are well prepared for the next stage of their education.
- Nearly all parents would recommend the school. One summed up their thoughts by saying, ‘The passion that spills from the teachers into children is priceless and obvious for all to see.’
- Older pupils work very successfully with younger pupils through a wide variety of practical projects
- Pupils are extremely polite and behave very well because care and support from staff are excellent.
- Pupils feel safe in school and know how to keep themselves safe when they are using equipment.
- The good leadership of the headteacher means that all staff are working energetically to improve the school, and have made it an exciting place for pupils to learn in the classroom and outside areas such as the school’s woodland.
- Leaders, governors and staff have worked carefully to improve the quality of teaching, and check on pupils’ progress regularly.
Below you can find some of our most frequently requested information:
THANK YOU #TeamGB for encouraging children around the world to get active& inspiring the next generation of athletes
Welcome home @TeamGB! 🇬🇧 #greattobeBAck 🏅
Peggy has joined me in the Night Zoo. Can you write a letter to Peggy telling her about the things she can do here?
Work is well underway to prepare our new classroom! #excited
Fantastic effort! Enjoy all those brilliant books! Don't forget it might count towards@EssexCU children's university
@westhorndonprim @EssexLibraries We've already started!
This afternoon we are interviewing for our assistant cook vacancy.
16th July, 2015
27th May, 2015
4th October, 2014
17th September, 2014
8th September, 2014